Positive ovulation testOn November 6, 2019 by LillaMayath
Positive Ovulation Test Questions
A positive ovulation test is a joyful moment for women planning a pregnancy but raises many questions. We will consider some of them and explain how to act in a given situation.
1. If the ovulation test is positive when will having sex be most effective for conception? To answer this question, you need to read the instructions for the test. Usually, the LH hormone, due to which a second strip appears on the test, begins to be produced 1-2 days before ovulation. Accordingly, this period is the most favorable in this case.
But sometimes it happens that the ovulation test is positive, but pregnancy does not occur – why is this happening? There can be many reasons. Unfortunately, the presence of ovulation does not guarantee a fast pregnancy. This can be prevented by obstruction of the fallopian tubes, which prevents the meeting of sperm and the egg, or even worse, leads to an ectopic pregnancy.
The problem may be of a hormonal nature – a miscarriage occurs at a very early stage, when the pregnancy is not yet fixed by any diagnostic means, due to a lack of the hormone progesterone.
It cannot be denied that there is a so-called immunological incompatibility between spouses, in which antibodies are produced in the female cervical canal (cervix) that are harmful to sperm. That is, they cannot even penetrate into the body of the uterus, not to mention the egg.
Slightly less often, problems arise due to the presence of large neoplasms in the uterine cavity that interferes with the introduction of a fertilized egg into its wall. Advanced endometriosis is also a common cause of infertility.
And, finally, the “culprit” of problems with conception may be a man whose sperm has few viable and motile sperm.
If a couple can’t conceive a child within 1-2 years of regular sexual activity – this is the reason for a detailed examination of each spouse.
2. The test for ovulation is positive, but there is no ovulation on ultrasound and is not determined in other ways. Two options are possible here – either ovulation did not really occur, or another diagnostic method failed. A false-positive result is possible when taking certain hormonal drugs. A test in which the second strip is paler than the control should not be considered positive. It is written in each instruction, but this condition is often ignored by women.
If the test for ovulation is positive, and the basal temperature is low, then this is the time for intercourse. And if there are no serious problems with the reproductive system in men and women, conception is very likely. Since during ovulation, the basal temperature is minimized. And immediately after ovulation, its sharp growth is observed.
However, if you use tests to determine the days favorable for conception, then there is no need to measure the temperature at all, this is superfluous. These measurements were taken when there were no other accessible and informative ways to track ovulation.
- Unsafe contraceptive methodsIf you are not planning a pregnancy, you just need to […]
- Mixed breastfeeding: everything you need to knowBecause they do not want to breastfeed or they cannot […]
- Tricks for going back to schoolSaying goodbye to summer always costs a little and […]
- What’s in the bags from Ize and Luke?In the baby time, I was very satisfied with my toddler […]
- Baby hiccups How to remove the hiccups to the newborn?How do hiccups occur in the baby? Hiccups are a rather […]